The foundations of the circular economy: from scrap to a product crafted for longevity.
Fire, Water, Earth, Air. These are the foundations of the circular economy: from scrap to a product crafted for longevity. Since 1926, Fonderia Gelli has specialized in crafting alloys, notably resistant to wear and heat, tailored for the cement and mining industries.
A design department and an analysis laboratory equipped with cutting-edge instruments for the development of new alloys complement a service always focused on innovation and research, with a view to sustainable development in respect of our planet.
6.000 tons/year of casting products
4.000 tons/year of balls and grinding bodies.
- Protection of workers, without discrimination based on race, gender, or religion.
- Professional growth and workplace safety.
- Honesty, fairness, and transparency towards customers, suppliers, and partners.
- Development of relationships with the local community.
- Innovation and research for industrial growth.
With respect to the environment and with a focus on sustainable development, raw materials derived from metallic scrap are used, monitored, and controlled both physically and chemically to ensure the perfect quality of the final product.
- RECYCLING OF SANDS USED IN THE PROCESS
- RECYCLING OF METAL SCRAP
- EMISSION REDUCTION
- CO2 REDUCTION
- OPTIMIZATION AND REDUCTION OF WATER CONSUMPTION
- OPTIMIZATION AND REDUCTION OF GAS CONSUMPTION
- OPTIMIZATION AND REDUCTION OF ENERGY CONSUMPTION.
Checks are carried out to ensure the quality of the castings:
- Magnetic Particle Inspection with Level II qualified personnel as per UNI EN 473 and ISO 9712
- Ultrasonic Testing with Level II qualified personnel as per UNI EN 473 and ISO 9712
- Penetrant Testing with Level II qualified personnel as per UNI EN 473 and ISO 9712
- Visual Inspection with Level II qualified personnel as per UNI EN 473 and ISO 9712
- Hardness and Microhardness Tests HRC, HB, and HV
- Chemical Analysis with UV-VIS and X-ray spectrophotometer
- Detection of radiometric anomalies.